We are proud to have held the International Round Table:
HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN THE DIGITAL AGE:
The Interplay between ‚New‘ Technology, Trafficking and Anti-Human Trafficking
Ethical, Political and Social Challenges Posed By Online Networks
28 September 2018 – 10.00 – 18.00
Haus der Europäischen Union – Vienna
Renowned international experts, practitioners, policy-makers, researchers and Stakeholders analysed, discussed and provided in-depth information, facts and findings of recent studies/research/surveys/Projects on issues such as:
- How has the digital age changed the modi operandi of human trafficking?
- In what ways has uncontrolled Internet communication facilitated greater impunity for smuggling, human trafficking and irregular migration?
- Do the new communication technologies trigger better protection of victims of trafficking and migrants in general, or are they even further put at risk?
- What are the perils of ‘Big data’ and the challenges to privacy of migrant workers and trafficked persons?
- How is Cybercrime fuelling digital underground economy while making the link with human trafficking?
- How to deal with polarized/‚alternative‘ facts and counteract‚fake news’ or rather distorted news about human trafficking?
- The importance of Ethical Standards in working with migrant workers and victims of trafficking.
- What ‚new‘ additional instruments need to be developed and implemented with regard to migration and anti-human trafficking in the changing world of digital age at international, EU, regional, national, local levels?
Agenda, Info, Livestream and Social Media Overview
For more information about this event please download our:
You can access the recording of the Livestream on https://www.act-n-o-w.com/irtvienna2018 and comment on Hashtag #IRTvienna (brought you by Act.Now)
A Social Media Overview regarding this International Round Table can be found here: https://walls.io/IRTvienna (brought you by Act.Now)
Here are some photos from our event, made by the Staff of Act.Now.
Related Notes, Documents, Background Info & Links
For some useful Background Info and Contributions regarding our Round Table, please consult the following documents:
- Click the link in blue to download
- Background Information
- Corinne Dettmeijer Contribution
- Kiril Sharapov Article
- Kiril Sharapov Presentation
- Livia Wagner Presentation
- Radu Cucos Intervention
- Link to the APP about prevention of Human Trafficking by IOM and BeeSafe (Zuzana VATRALOVA Presentation): http://www.safe.iom.sk/#/