We are proud to have held the International Round Table:
HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN THE DIGITAL AGE:
The Interplay between ‚New‘ Technology, Trafficking and Anti-Human Trafficking
Ethical, Political and Social Challenges Posed By Online Networks
28 September 2018 – 10.00 – 18.00
Austrian Representation of the European Commission ‘Haus der Europäischen Union‘ – Vienna
Renowned international experts, practitioners, policy-makers, researchers and Stakeholders analysed, discussed and provided in-depth information, facts and findings of recent studies/research/surveys/Projects on issues such as:
- How has the digital age changed the modi operandi of human trafficking?
- In what ways has uncontrolled Internet communication facilitated greater impunity for smuggling, human trafficking and irregular migration?
- Do the new communication technologies trigger better protection of victims of trafficking and migrants in general, or are they even further put at risk?
- What are the perils of ‘Big data’ and the challenges to privacy of migrant workers and trafficked persons?
- How is Cybercrime fuelling digital underground economy while making the link with human trafficking?
- How to deal with polarized/‚alternative‘ facts and counteract‚fake news’ or rather distorted news about human trafficking?
- The importance of Ethical Standards in working with migrant workers and victims of trafficking.
- What ‚new‘ additional instruments need to be developed and implemented with regard to migration and anti-human trafficking in the changing world of digital age at international, EU, regional, national, local levels?
Agenda, Info & Livestream
For more information about this event please download our:
You can access the recording of the Livestream on https://www.act-n-o-w.com/irtvienna2018 and comment on Hashtag #IRTvienna (brought you by Act.Now)
Here are some photos from our event, made by the Staff of Act.Now.
Related Notes, Documents, Background Info & Links
For some useful Background Info and Contributions regarding our Round Table, please consult the following documents:
- Click the link in blue to download
- Background Information
- Corinne Dettmeijer Contribution
- Kiril Sharapov Article
- Kiril Sharapov Presentation
- Livia Wagner Presentation